Rock paper scissors, inc., a music tech PR firm, is looking for a contract writer to add to our team. The writer is responsible conducting client interviews and delivering at least one press release per month per client. Press release categories include but are not limited to company overview/introductions, bios/profiles, use cases, and Op-Eds. Writers are paid per completed piece of writing. Writers are assigned to one or more of our music tech clients, based on writer availability.
Applicant must have professional writing experience. Music and tech industry knowledge and writing experience is highly preferred. Applicant must have the flexibility to schedule and conduct interviews with clients in various international time-zones. Applicant can work remotely, from anywhere, if they are able to meet client availability for interview times.
content and writing style
- Visit https://rockpaperscissors.biz/resources/#presskits and review our clients’ Online Press Kits to understand our writing style and the types of media outlets we are pitching for our clients.
- Press releases should focus on storytelling. Stories should demonstrate how our clients are relevant to current trends in music technology, client’s industry, and/or society.
- Client goals may at times call for simpler, more tactical documents like a hire announcement, a simple event announcement, or a deal announcement.
your teammates | slack strategy channel
- We make every effort to pair one writer with one publicist, so that you can build a close working relationship with the publicist and campaign manager to gain a working knowledge of the client’s products, people, tech, and industry.
- You will be given an RPS email address through which you will communicate with clients.
- You will be invited to join the Rock Paper Scissors, Inc. slack account and strategy channels for each campaign you are working on for ease of communication and collaboration with your PR teammates.
- A typical PR campaign is 3-6 months, but most clients choose to extend their contracts.
- Below is the timeline for a Press Release:
- Attend Client On-boarding call with entire PR team (preferred)
- Schedule and conduct client interview (60 – 90 minutes). For initial written piece,
schedule interview within the first week of the campaign.
- Write the press release (around 750 words). Aim to have first draft written 48 hours
after interview. Share with internal team for edits.
- Share first draft with client. Ask Client to reply with approval or edits within 48 hours.
- Repeat client interview, writing and approval steps for each month of the campaign.
Please send resume and note of interest to Allison Hall, Operations Director at email@example.com.