Rock Paper Scissors, Inc. is looking for a personal assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the CEO, as well as assist with personal errands and appointments. This is a 30-hour per week, benefits-eligible position. Position located in Portland, Oregon.
- Management of CEO’s calendar. With direct access to CEO’s calendar, schedule meetings directly with interested parties (clients, prospective clients, staff, personal appointments). Book travel. Manage calendar to ensure efficiency and protection of CEO’s desired hour parameters. (20%)
- Management of CEO’s email. With direct access to CEO’s inbox, help to flag, prioritize and organize emails. Send emails on behalf of CEO as instructed. (20%)
- Assists CEO with management of personal calendar. Runs personal errands and assists with personal household affairs. (20%)
- Assists CEO with social media posts. (15%)
- Assists CEO with office organization and light office maintenance (straightening, replacing supplies, light sweeping) and running company errands. (15%)
- Performs other duties in the general running of the business and assisting other staff with administrative tasks and projects as needed. (10%)
(Percentages assigned may fluctuate from week to week and may shift over time as the position holder becomes more efficient in certain areas and as business needs change.)
- Desire to help CEO carry mission of company and career by proactively removing barriers to day-to-day work.
- Positive attitude
- Must have strong working knowledge of Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Meet, Google Sheets, and Google Docs) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new or updated computer systems.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively with all types of audiences. Ability to adapt communication style according to the audience and situation.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a personal vehicle used on behalf of Rock Paper Scissors to run errands. (mileage reimbursement and/or transportation stipend will be part of compensation for use of personal vehicle.)
- Demonstrated ability to learn, adjust and adapt to preferences of CEO.
- Ability to keep priorities organized and keep CEO organized.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to move quickly when needed and function effectively under pressure.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least four years of high-level administrative assistant or office management preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must have the ability to operate a vehicle.
- Must have the ability to lift 30 lbs.
Working Expectation and Requirements:
- This role is required to work primarily out of the Portland office location. However, provisions can be made for occasional remote work as needed and approved.
- Employee is required to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 per company policy.
- This is a desk job, with significant time spent on the computer, phone, Zoom, and email.
- This is an hourly position. The role is expected to work 30 hours per week. Position may be required to work more than 30 hours per week on occasion. Must establish a daily, routine schedule within the hours of 7am – 4pm PST to establish consistency in communication with CEO, clients and team members. Position is required to work Monday through Friday unless holiday or using PTO.
This is an hourly, benefit-eligible position. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience. This position is overtime eligible for hours worked over 40 in a week. Position is eligible for benefits as long as at least a 30-hour-per-week average is maintained. Benefit package includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 12 paid holidays (including your birthday), PTO, reduced schedule the last two weeks of every year, and a matching 401k retirement plan.
Please submit resume and cover letter using our online application tracking system using this link:
For best consideration, please apply by September 1, 2023.